PAMELA T. KARLSON’S BIOGRAPHY
Mrs. Karlson grew up in Lake Placid, Florida and graduated from our very own Lake Placid High School. She opened her law practice in 2003.
- Samford University Cumberland School of Law, J.D.
- Stetson University, B.A.
- Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Attorney
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Estate Planning
- Probate Law
- Real Estate Transactions
- Landlord and Tenant Law
- Business Law
- Foreclosure Law
- Judge Clifton M. Kelly Champion for Children Award Recipient
- Highlands County Code Enforcement, Special Magistrate
- Highlands County Bar Association
- Heartland Workforce, Board of Directors
- Greater Lake Placid Chamber of Commerce, Past President
- Lake Placid Ridge Community Center project, Co-Chairperson
- Keep Lake Placid Beautiful, Board of Directors
- Junior Achievement, Volunteer
- Justice Teaching, Volunteer
- Leadership Highlands Class of 2004, Vice President
- Highlands County Days, Board of Directors
- Ag Venture, Volunteer
- First Presbyterian Church of Lake Placid
JOY BOGAERT’S BIOGRAPHY
Mrs. Bogaert is a Florida native. After law school she managed a title company in West Palm Beach and then homeschooled her children through eighth grade. She’s resided in Highlands County since 2010 and loves her life here.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 1999
- Southeastern University f/k/a Southeastern Bible College, B.A., 1996
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- Guardian Advocacy
- Guardianship of the Property of a Minor
- Member of First Presbyterian Church Lake Placid
- Nursery volunteer, substitute Sunday school teacher & small group member
- Samaritan’s Purse Christmas Shoebox Collections
- Benevolence Ministry – help with bi-annual rummage sale & giving tree program at Christmas
- Academic Boosters – Lake Placid High School
- Youth for Christ – Girl Talk at LPHS
- LPHS swim mom & timer
- Member Highlands County Bar Association
MELISSA BARLAUG’S BIOGRAPHY
Ms. Barlaug was born in upstate New York and moved to Lake Placid, Florida in 1988. Ms. Barlaug began her career in the Real Estate industry as a Realtor’s Assistant in 2002, and earned her Real Estate License in 2003. She has also earned a Life, Health, and Variable Annuity License, in addition to a Mortgage Broker License. Ms. Barlaug began working in the legal field in 2004 and specializes in Real Estate Law. She joined Karlson Law Group, P.A. in 2008 as a legal assistant.
DAVID MAINS’ BIOGRAPHY
Mr. Mains accompanied his wife Joanie on her 20-year tour of duty with the Air Force. After her retirement and living 16 years in Niceville, in the Florida Panhandle, they moved to Lake Placid in August 2013 to be near Joanie’s family. Mr. Mains has a Bachelor of Science in Management and an Associate in Applied Science in the legal field specializing in litigation. He has over 15 years’ experience working as a paralegal in 5 different states. Mr. Mains plays the grand piano for the contemporary service at First Presbyterian Church of Lake Placid and is also a member of the Classic Country Band. He joined Karlson Law Group in August 2013 as a Paralegal.
KIMBERLY K. WHITWORTH’S BIOGRAPHY
Mrs. Whitworth grew up in Broward County and graduated from Cooper City High School. She joined the Lake Placid community in 2007. She has worked in the legal field for several years. Mrs. Whitworth works primarily in the areas of Civil Litigation, Real Estate Law, Foreclosure Defense Law, and Family Law. She joined Karlson Law Group, P.A. in 2008 as a litigation legal assistant.